.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Remember when online shopping was cheap?


What happened to the days of online shopping being cheap? Now-a-days people seem to make more money off of shipping then the actual product. Case in point: The I Am Legend book by Richard Matheson, which is now a movie coming out December 14th with Will Smith. The trailers for this film got me so hyped up that I just had to read the book. I went to about 5 online stores, including ebay and amazon, and imagine my surprise when I found out the shipping is even more then the damn book itself! $6-$7 to ship a used book is Ludicrous. So what did I do? Headed over to my local Target where I found the re-issue of the book for $5, after a 30% sale discount.

Back in college I bought ALL my books from half.com, and I don't recall shipping being as pricey as it is now. And don't even get me started on Video Game shipping. I sell alot of games, and know for a fact a standard DVD size game and case costs no more then $3 including the packaging. Yet most ebayers want up to $10 for shipping.

I'm going back to the old fashioned way of buying things, going to the REAL stores.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home